- Five billion bus journeys are made a year in Great Britain, with one billion to or from work
- Bus passenger journeys make up over two thirds of all public transport usage
- 1,245 bus companies operate in England, Scotland and Wales
- An average of 85% of bus passengers are satisfied overall with bus services in England
- Switching just one car journey in 25, or a month to bus or coach can remove one billion car journeys from our roads and result in a reduction of 2m tonnes of CO2
- The average number of people in a coach is 32 compared to 1.58 in a car
- 5% of CO2 is produced by bus compared to 60% from passenger car trips of the UK road transport sector
Figures from www.greenerjourneys.com and Passenger Focus.
Download the summary of stats on making the business case for buses.